Jammy Dodger Bikkies
The kids will love helping with these.
This recipe makes 16 biscuits.
for the filling
370g jar Wexford Home Preserves Strawberry Jam
for the biscuits
100g butter, softened
175g caster sugar plus extra for sprinkling
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla flavour or essence
200g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- To make the biscuits, cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon until well combined. Add the egg (I used a lovely free range one from our neighbours Tinnock Farm ) and vanilla, and continue to beat until nicely blended.
- Add the flour into the bowl and give it a good mix. Roll the dough into a ball and wrap with clingfilm and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of 5mm, then using a 6cm cutter cut out 32 discs. 16 of these will be for the bottoms or bases of the bikkies and 16 for the tops. Use a smaller cutter to make 3cm holes in the tops (I used the top of a bottle for this job.)
- Place on two lined baking sheets and return to the fridge for another 20 minutes – this is a great tip to make sure they keep their shape as they cook.
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan. Bake the biscuits for 7 mins, then take them out of the oven and sprinkle the tops with caster sugar. Return all the biscuits to the oven and cook for a further 5 mins. Take out and allow to cool fully on a wire rack. When they are cool, spread jam on the bottom biscuit and top with the biscuit with the hole in it, sandwiching them together.
- Ta-da! You have made your own Jammy Dodgers!
- These will keep for 2-days in an airtight container. Mine were gone in the space of an hour so no storage needed!
Wexford Home Preserves, Waterford Road Business Park, New Ross, Co. Wexford, Ireland
Telephone: 051 426646
Try Our Recipes